Sunday 11 April 2010

Book Ponderers

Evening, all!

To begin with, I'd like to say how very nice the weather is and...
Stop Grandma-ing.

But to be honest, my past few days have just consisted of me reiterating that concept. IT IS WARM IN ENGLAND.

So, as I am informed, this summer is going to be VERY VERY WARM IN BRITAIN, I will not be here. I will be all the way in Ecuador whilst everybody enjoys lovely England. But Hey, I'm not complaining.

But today in WHSMITH's I did notice a very interesting book. It appears to be the sequel of a much read book "Ugly". I have in fact, given "Ugly" a go, and found it pretty interesting, although couldn't manage to finish it because of what a dead end it was becoming.

If any readers don't know what Ugly is about and haven't already guessed in the title, it's a book about a girl physically and emotionally abused by her mother (and others) about how ugly she was. Quite a lot of the time, these kind of books are good reads.

But doesn't that seem a little morbid? I mean, you'd rather read a book about an abusive mother than a book about an adventure to save a animal sanctuary?
There's just something so gripping about them, though!

xoxo G.B

No comments:

Post a Comment